How to Setup Netgear Genie Extender?
Netgear Genie Extender Setup Wizard will allow you to configure Netgear Extender using a web browser, which is connected to your home Wi-Fi. If you want to use Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard, then you need to go through the below-mentioned steps because these will help you suitably perform the whole process.
- Make sure that the Extender is present nearby the Wi-Fi router, once the configuration process is completed, you can shift the extender to another location.
- Connect extender and electrical outlet; wait until the LED status of device4 turns to green.
- Click on icon “Network” present on the taskbar; choose “Netgear Ext” from the Wi-Fi network
- On Netgear Genie Setup Page, open a new browser window, if there are issues, go to My Wi-Fi Ext, for username and password, type ‘admin’ (username), and ‘password’ (password).
- Choose the “Wifi network” followed by “continue”. Submit “network password” in the “passphrase box” and continue.
- Enter the Wi-Fi extender’s new name in Network SSID Box – 2.4 GHz and continue. Choose the checkbox “Use the Same Security Mode” for security settings that present WIFI uses to
- Connect all wireless devices and systems with a new Wi-Fi Extender network.
- Select “My wireless device connected with Extender checkbox” and continue.
- Disconnect the range extender from the power source and then, connect it again to a power source and wait until the LED status change to green.